1. What term is used to describe when a mobile user moves out of one access point's range and into the range of another?
a. Reassociation b. Deassociation c. Reallocation d. Extending the service set
2. What is the administrator's default account called in Linux?
a. Admin b. Administrator c. default d. root
3. Where is the Network Manager service located?
a. /user b. /sbin/service c. /etc/NetworkManager d. /Network/Manager
4. Describe how you could use Network Manager to switch between networks,
5. What Linux command is used to test network connections?
a. root b. sudo c. ping d. start.
1.How is a wireless router's configuration utility usually accessed?
a. By flashing the RAM BIOS b. Through a Web browser c. With the Windows Cfgrtr utility d. From the command line
2. Why is it a good idea to change your wireless router's password?
a. So other people cannot change the router's settings b. So you won't forget it c. To make it the same as your logon password d. The default password is most likely too complex
3. What type of connection is used to attach to the network port on a wireless router?
a. None, it is wireless b. USB c. Serial d. Straight-through patch cable
4. Which of the following Wi-Fi standards has the highest effective throughput?
a. 802.llg b. 802.11a c. 802.11b d. 802.11n
5. Wireless access points are assigned a unique name or
a. FHSS b. DSSS c. CSMA d. SSID
1. What does SSID stand for?
a. Service set identifier b. Security service Internet domain c. Security station identification d. Simple security Internet device
2. WEP, WPA, and WPA2 are all forms of wireless
a. access b. routers c. services d. encryption
3. You can limit access to certain computers with _
a. encryption b. MAC filtering c. remote administration d. a strong password 144 Chapter 6 Wireless Networking
4. A rogue access point set up to look like a legitimate access point is called a(n)
a. guest network b. evil twin c. remote bridge d. password sniffer
5. A major security weakness of WEP is the fact that it uses a network key.
a. 48-bit b. shared c. dynamic d. single-use
1. Which wireless networking standard operates in both the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz bands?
a. 802.11a b. 802.11b c. 802.1 Ig d. 802.11n
2. What feature will eliminate the need for a separate electrical outlet for your WAP?
a. PoE b. WPA c. WPA2 d. 802.11n
3. Why is plenum-rated cable often a requirement for ceiling-mounted access points?
a. Ceiling-mounted APs are more than seven feet off the ground. b. They work at higher speeds. c. They need to operate at higher temperatures. d. In the case of a fire, they do not give off toxic fumes. 146 Chapter 6 Wireless Networking
4. In an enterprise-wide WLAN, coverage can be extended across multiple access points by joining them to the same
a. ESS b. WPA c. MAC d. MIMO
5. Some wireless access points can associate a client's MAC address with a port on a switch allowing a client to stay connected to a as it moves throughout an area.
a. DSSS b. FHSS c. RTS/CTS
This question was answered on: Dec 08, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Dec 08, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.