Unknown to the quality-control inspector, 20% of a very large shipment of electric switches are defective. Fifteen switches from the shipment will be randomly selected and inspected prior to accepting the shipment. Let X- the number of defective switches in a sample of fifteen. Use the appropriate output in the appendix to answer the following question. Write down all the numbers in the table that you use to calculate your answers.
1) The inspector has been told to reject the shipment if, in a sample of 15 switches, 2 or more are defective. What is the probability that the shipment will be rejected?
2) What is the probability that between 5 and 7 switches are defective?
3) What is the probability that all of the switches are good?
4) Suppose the inspector decides to take a larger sample of 100 switches. What is the chance the sample proportion of defective is less than 0.10?
Please answer the questions and explain it. Otherwise I can't understand it. Thank you so much.
This question was answered on: Dec 08, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free solution (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Dec 08, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.